Sunday, November 20, 2011

Biggest Thank you From all of us!

First, I want to thank NIALANEWS, Oasis Living Al Ain, Buzz, Abu Dhabi Zoom, 7days news, Gulf News on behalf of myself and the event and all the other people you have connected in Al Ain and UAE residents. Thank you for the things that you make happen just by offering this service to us free of charge. Since it's conception, it has connected people and made all of this happen. I would like to thank all the other people responsible for the daily upkeep, I believe I can say with certainty that all of us who have taken advantage of this service and your time and efforts, do appreciate it. So many good things have come to pass because of your work. So, on Behalf of Al Ain, I say a big THANK YOU! 
An incredible big Thanks to Artist Laurel Moore and all she did to spread the word within the art community which resulted in amazing items being donated that eventually had to be part of the raffle, since the auction was not allowed to go on.
I will keep these memories and all the notes in my tattered notebook with me forever. However, the memory of the beautiful works of art that were donated will forever stay in my mind. Thank you all so much. I am looking forward to having an interview and posting pics of the event thanking each one of you personally/publicly

I also want to take a moment and hug everyone that participated in volunteering, in sponsoring and attending the event. There were some road blocks that tried to keep it from happening, however, it was a train on a mission and nothing was going to keep it from happening. Yes, the auction got cancelled as well as raising funds with sales, but, that did not stop the AWARENESS part of this message. Please, keep in mind at all times, that the person next to you might be the one that needs the information you learned through attending. Take a minute and look into their eyes. You can see it. Do something. Just strike up a conversation and listen. 
If you would rather, help in a different way, you can always donate to the Phillipino Embassy or EWAA' or contact me and I will help you arrange a way to give those things we take for granted, to someone who will think it's their birthday. If you are leaving the country and can't sell everything, please don't leave it behind for the landlord. I will arrange to help you load it up and take it to the shelters. 

We will do this again, this was the first of it's kind here and we had to learn all the different rules/laws regarding this issue.  However, we will know more about the rules/regulations and be prepared for entertainment snafus, the time issues, etc. The food was great and it seemed everyone was enjoying themselves. I am deeply grateful for what the whole experience has done in me. I look forward to seeing what He has planned for me in the future and I truly hope that you will also be a part of that. I can't thank everyone enough for their time, efforts, and strength in making this come to pass. You are truly angels. 
It was amazing sitting on that staircase overlooking everyone and reflecting on the events that created this and the uphill battle that it took to get this spoken about. I just wished that the shelter ladies could have been a part as originally planned, however, I do believe enough ppl heard the message and will pass it along. The April Flower seed has been planted, it is up to you to nurture it and make it grow. 
Thank you so much everyone. 
Love from the bottom of my heart!
Michelle Mellinger

No comments:

Post a Comment